Thursday, May 14, 2009

Internship

I am currently doing an internship at the Utah Foster Care Foundation and loving it! I will be here for three months 40 hours a week! My main function is to intern as a recruiter for the foundation. "We want to serve Utah's children by finding, educating and nurturing families to meet the needs of children in foster care." I am currently assisting in organizing an event taking place at the Indian Walk-In Center on May 30th to promote the on-going need for Native families to care for Native children in foster care. It's going to be awesome! It's a huge need so to get awareness into the Native communities will be great! I am currently working on donations of groceries to give to the Native elders participating in the event. I am really looking forward to continuing my internship here and can already tell it's going to be hard to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment